Saturday, September 1, 2012

Harvest Fest 2012

The calender may say summer, but if you stand very still in the early morning air and take a deep breath you can smell fall already.  I'm ready.  It's my favorite time of year in Oregon.  Well, truth be told I like August - October.  The dog days of summer that melt into autumn and keep on rolling until Halloween.  The days just seem ripe with promise.  Promise of a good harvest, promise of the new school year (I still buy a few supplies for myself every year. The smell of a freshly sharpened #2 pencil makes me smile every time), promise of warms days and cool nights, promise of blazing colors and of course promise of the upcoming hibernation.

John Deere tractor 


In honor of the coming months we piled the family in the covered wagon (okay, the beat up Suzuki) and headed out to Sauvie Island to the first Harvest Fest of the fall.  There was a hayride and the corn ma(i)ze. There was the cow train (ow, ow, ow.... those cows need to get some shock absorbers) and a hay pyramid.   There was a whole new set of memories to create, and I'm pretty sure we made more then a few.

checking the clues to get out of the ma(i)ze







That's right honey, give us a smile.

getting bigger!

Whoa, I'm almost 4 feet tall!

"Neema" always had fun.

Too cool for words.

Even Mommy climbed to the top of the hay pyramid

Imagination drives the day

I think we're lost...


No comments: