Sunday, September 13, 2009

He's Four




N approaches a new teacher at preschool this week.


"What's your name again?"


"Melinda."


N walks away. Time passes, N returns.


"M-E-L-I-N-D-A Melinda"



"Wow, did you read that somewhere?


"No, I sounded it out. It's only three syllables"


He's Four?!?!?



N and I reading quietly on the couch. I hear some sniffling from time to time. I absentmindedly ask if he needs a tissue, without actually looking up. "no," comes the reply. Sniffing continues. I notice out of my peripheral vision that N is licking his hands, like kitty paws, repeatedly. Often.


"N, why are you licking your hands?"


"Because they have snot on them."


He's Four.




2 comments:

RGB said...

Hilarious.

Rois said...

My favorite age is 4.They are wide open books waiting to be written.Some times I am sad I can't go back to teaching again.(Issac's meds won't allow it.) 5 is pretty darn cool too they turn into sponges wanting knowledge(even more than N is wanting already get ready.)
Hugs.