Monday, September 27, 2010

Struggling



Hey y'all. I'm struggling with my new role as a stay-at-h0me mom. Which means I'm struggling to find things to write about, as I don't want this blog to become a whine-a-thon. I really enjoy writing and I love to write about my kids. But, I'm not quite able to put pen to paper or even fingers to the keyboard with much joy right now.

I knew the adjustment to they stay-at-home lifestyle would be difficult. I always said I wasn't the stay-at-home type. But, I also said I'd never be a mom, and if I was I wouldn't be a good one. Both of those statements turned out to be false, so who's to say I could n't make the next leap? I mean, obviously, I am a mom and I think I'm a pretty good one . But, I think part of the secret to my success was knowing my limits. But, I truly believed things and times had changed and I would LOVE the new chapter in my life. Oops, I don't love it. And that breaks my heart a little bit. Because, I really wanted to love it. I really wanted to jump in with both feet and relish the experience. But, I'm a fish out of water and it's hard.

This is a choice that I made and even proposed. This is what is currently best for our family and it's not forever. I don't think of it as a jail sentence, and I know Ms. L and I will find out groove. I just hope I don't lose my own groove in the meantime.


4 comments:

Claire Celsi said...

I stayed home with mine for 7 of the longest years of my life. At the time I seemed a little out of place and like I was falling behind my peers. But now, looking back, I would not trade those minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years for anything. It goes fast, CAS, so take lots of pics and movies, create some memories, and keep on writing. You'll be glad you did it. Claire

Rois said...

I stayed home until Sol went into 1st grade.There were times I wanted to bang my head on the wall and run down the street naked.
Find things you and L do together and find things you do on your own.Having something you are doing that you like is good mental health and gives you something you can talk about when you are around your peers.
I think sometimes Mothers think they have to lose themselves but you really should not,you will end up setting a better example to both of your kids.
We could always meet for coffee some Monday or Tuesday. : )

RGB said...

Hang in there CAS. Write about what you see, hear and think. It's all important, it's all worth the effort.

Delaney said...

Carol Ann - love the honesty of this post. I bet that like parenthood/marriage/home ownership/career choice, etc. there are days when it seems great and days when it really doesn't. And that's ok. I think the trick is just feeling whatever your heart says and not spending a lot of time convincing yourself otherwise. It's a YES/AND, i.e. staying at home with my kids is fantastic AND sometimes I really want a lunch hour and to not hear "Mommy, wipe me!" Hope to see you Friday at ART opening! Hang in there! Michelle