Sunday, July 18, 2010

Just another day in the life


"Mama!!" Long knocks on the bathroom door.  SIGH....  "who is it?" I call, knowing exactly who is knocking.  If I'm in the shower, it's going to be L.  "It's me!  I have to go potty!"    SIGH.  "Come in"  I hear her flounce in.  There's a flutter of activity as she looks in the mirror, opens the linen closet doors in search of a band-aid.  "I think my owie is bleeding,again."   "It's not bleeding L.  If you have to go potty go, otherwise please leave and shut the door behind you."  ( All I want for Christmas is an uninterrupted shower. Hell, an uninterrupted moment in the bathroom)

"Mama, I want to take a shower WITH you"  "L, you don't even like showers."  "Yes, I do"  "Really,  Okay, sure... come on it"   More flurry of activity while she disrobes.  Another few minutes of stalling while she plays peek--a--boo with shower curtain.   "L, if you want to get in, just get in.  I'm almost done"    "Okay"

L steps into the shower.  I step out of the way to allow her to enjoy the shower experience.  And after a look of shock disbelief followed by that special high pitched squeal that only young girls possess, she says to me in her most indignant tone, "but Mama, I didn't want to get wet in the shower!!!!"