Monday, December 14, 2009

Quotes of the Year.

Noah: "Five more days until December, and then it snows!" Another child disappointed by the elements.

"Lucy, do you want me to take your braids out" Pause, pause. "Take my brains out"

CA and/or Patrick: “You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit”

Somehow we got on the subject of the grammatical use of the word 'none' at the dinner table. Out of nowhere Noah chimes in with, "There are no nuns around here".

Patrick, seeing the kids' room, “dear god woman, how did you survive the day”. Me: Ha,hahahahahahahahaha.....

"Daddy, can I have a piece of cheese-y, there's a mousey in my belly" The divine Ms. Lucy, in her best mousey voice

Noah: “Geckos don't like it too hot. Otherwise their bones will dry up and blow away in the hot sun”

Today Lucy argued with me that the color of toothpaste I was using was the wrong color.

N wants modeling clay to which I say, "hmm, I'm not sure I'm ready for modeling clay in the house kiddo." To which he replied, "All women, no matter how big or how small are always ready for modeling clay, mama

Lucy: "Noah you are very deep" Noah: "Yeah, but I'm not as deep as she thinks I am"

"Noah, why is your hair wet?" "Because I stuck my head in the toilet." "Why?!?!" "Because I wanted to...." This from the boy who reads his encyclopedia for fun....

Nothing like waking up to a sweet girl voice singing "love, love me do. You know I'll be true" in your face.

CA/PW: are you okay?
L: Mmm-hmmm
CA/PW: can you speak?L: Mmm-hmmmm
CA (slightly exasperated) Can you say your name?
L (w/perfect timing and without missing a beat) : PRINCESS

"Sometimes, just sometimes, when no one is looking you fly" N said to me with all sincerity.

"Look Daddy, my nose is melting". (Apparently the divine Ms Lucy has learned to cross her eyes)

Noah says, "Mommy you will have another baby and we will call him Roquefort" When I told him that wasn’t going to happen he said, "oh yes it will. You have plenty of room for an egg in your tummy. You'll see Mommy, it will be a good thing" (for the record we are having no more children!)

“Once upon a time there were some letters, they all lived in a school. They lived happily ever after. The End.” by Lucy River

“Taste of Peanut Butter
Taste of Jelly
Taste of Bread
Taste of the Heart eating my blood”.

No comments: